Equal breathing – A wonderful simple and effective breathing technique for calming and bringing focus to the mind
1. Come to sit comfortable, perhaps in a cross-legged position, feel free to use a blanket or pillow to sit on.
2. Close your eyes, breathe through the nose. And begin to notice your natural breath, not changing anything at first.
3. Begin a slow count to four as you inhale. Then also count to four as you exhale. The exercise is to match the length of your inhale and exhale.
4. After a few breaths counting to four you may lengthen both inhale and exhale by one count, coming to count to five as you inhale and five as you exhale.
5. Continue breathing this way for 5-10 minutes.
Good Luck ?